Monday, February 13, 2017

Research Blog #1: Initial Topic Idea


For my research topic, I want to focus on the business, primarily the qualitative aspects, of higher education. In doing so, I want to compare how the transition to a monetized mindset has affected private and public universities, the benefits and challenges that come along with privatization, and its affect on the academic and social norms among students.


I chose to centralize my research to this subtopic of higher education because I wanted to incorporate ideas I've learned from my major. Rather than choosing a topic I'm not very familiar with, choosing a topic that I have previous experience in will help me make insightful connections that go beyond the surface of systematic research.

1 comment:

  1. I'm a little unclear on your topic. But it sounds like you want to research the privatization of public higher education in the US, and that is a viable topic. A few students have taken on "privatization" generally in order to make sense of what's going on -- the big picture.

    These blogs might give you some ideas:
    http://mafzane.blogspot.com/
    http://deanscollege201blog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete